A Stylish Home
Many times homeowners twist and shout when they visit friends. They are envious of their stylish homes and feel their house is a dump in comparison. “I want to take a scarlet hammer to a bell, announcing we are clearing my house out and starting over. I want the sound of music instead of the musty, boring, and tired looking house.” Do they burn for a million emerald bucks to transform their old home into a stylish home? No, but they sure could use some ideas to transform their house now.
There are as many ways to a stylish home as there are words about the moon.
- Declutter – take a room at a time and get rid of stuff. Take the kitchen, for example. Do you really need to have every appliance on the kitchen counter? Either stow them away or give them away.
- Clean – Emulate the little lady in Poltergeist, so you can say, “This house is clean!”
- Make light a priority – Look at each room. People want light and airy. Either open up the windows or add lighting. How are the colors in the room? Are the walls dark or wallpapered in dark paper. Light walls in off-white or light gray lighten a room.
- Move the furniture around and borrow a piece from another room. Move the sofa away from the window.
- Paint – Nothing is better than a new paint job. Repaint every surface that has a painted surface. Don’t forget the front door.
- Add color – add pillows for color to the bed or sofa. If the bed pillows are the least bit yellow, get rid of them and replace them with new fresh ones.
- In the bathroom – add new towels and a new shower curtain.
- Wash all the windows in every room
- Ask a friend who has a nice house you admire to give you some advice.
- Clean the yard – edge and mow the lawn, mulch the flower beds, plant flowers, have the trees and bushes trimmed.
None of the ten tips are expensive. If you want a stylish home try calling an interior designer. When you are choosing an interior designer ask questions:
- How can you transform my old home into a stylish home?
- Can I spend a lot of time with this interior designer? Working with a designer is a collaboration. Do you want to spend time with this person?
- Do I get that he/she is trying to understand me by asking a lot of questions?
- Does the scale of my project warrant an interior designer? Even if you think you could accomplish the redesign, do you have the time and inclination? You need to be realistic about how much money you are willing to spend. Include in this estimate the cost of all raw materials, new furniture, labor for installations, and possibly a designer.
- How do you charge for your time? Designers may charge by the hour, which can be anywhere from $35 to $300. These costs can quickly mount up. Others may offer a free first consultation, and then quote you a flat fee based your discussions.
- Can we accomplish the redesign and stay within my budget?
- When will the project be finished? What you want to know is how long will my life be disrupted?
- An article written by interior designerJan Colvin in the Leavenworth Times offers more reasons to hire an interior designer.
Perhaps, you are not going for the sound of music, but a completely different house.
A lot bigger house to accommodate your growing family or a smaller house to realize your downsize dream. Then call us. We buy houses as-is.
Styl Properties, Inc. is here to help homeowners out of any kind of distressed situation. As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal, however, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today at 402.999.0577 to let us know how we can help YOU.