Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Carbon Monoxide PoisoningRecently, a carbon monoxide leak in a Lake Chapala, Mexico hotel, nearly killed a firefighter expat.  An exhaust pipe on a gas powered water heater outside his window poisoned him as he sat typing on his laptop for three hours. For three hours Frank inhaled those fumes. When he got up from his chair, he collapsed on the floor.  He was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

It’s not because it was Mexico. It can happen anywhere. My friend has a daughter that complained of headaches, dizziness, and nausea. After several days of these symptoms, she went to the hospital. The doctors there couldn’t find anything wrong, and some even thought she was faking the symptoms. One doctor diagnosed her with MS. It turns out a leaky furnace caused the symptoms where she took a nap in the afternoon. That’s s when she was breathing the deadly fumes. If she had spent the night, she wouldn’t be here today.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is very difficult to diagnose.

The Daily Mail says, “Only four per cent of parents can identify symptoms of deadly carbon monoxide poisoning (CO), experts warn.

Shocking new research has revealed a clear lack of knowledge among the population in regards to its tell-tale signs – which can kill in minutes.

Dizziness, headaches, and nausea are three of the most common symptoms, but one in six people wrongly think a metallic taste in the mouth is also a sign.

You can see smoke, and we are required to have smoke detectors. Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas. It is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. It is very difficult for people to detect, yet the effects are deadly.

Between 1999 and 2010, about 430 people annually died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Equipment like gas- or oil-fired furnaces and charcoal grills produce the colorless, odorless gas

When looking at the list of carbon monoxide detector laws in the United States, 30 states have enacted statutes regarding carbon monoxide detectors, and another 11 have promoted regulations on CO detectors as of January 2016.

You need a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm?

They are inexpensive; only about $30.

If you live or spend time in a single family house, duplex, apartment, dormitory or group home that has a carbon based fuel appliance, an attached garage or carport or is adjacent to a parking space, the law requires the installation of a carbon monoxide alarm(s) to warn you and your family if carbon monoxide is present.

Check Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – What are the symptoms?

Styl Properties, Inc. is here to help homeowners out of any kind of distressed situation.  

As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal. However, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what!  There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else.  Just the simple, honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.

If you’d like to give us a ring, we would be more than happy to spend some time with you to help you understand the process and to get all of your questions answered.  You can reach us at 402 999.0577

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top