The Importance of Staging Your Home
What works best to sell a house fast, say experts, is home staging. The importance of staging your home can’t be overlooked. About.com says, “Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving.” Now potential home buyers look at homes they’ve found on the Internet 90% of the time. It is critical that your home makes a strong first impression online. Staging will help you do just that.
Carolyn Muse Grant, writing in the Las Vegas Review-Journal says there are a couple of uses for home staging:
- Before any home is put on the market, staging is essential. While most of us love our homes and all of our stuff, chances are we have too much stuff, and, let’s face it, it’s our home and we live in it the way we want to. Well, people looking to buy that house may not want to live in it like you do, and they need the house to look like it would be one they could live in comfortably.
- An empty house may be a problem for an agent and seller. When potential homebuyers see an empty house, they are sometimes at a loss as to what they would do with it. What kind of furniture? What would I do with this room? Would this work? A million questions. So I work with the agent to give potential buyers an idea of what the house would look like. I have furniture and accessories available to use for that purpose.
10 things a home stager will do or suggest:
- Make their first visit to your home a lasting impression. The lawn should be mowed and edged, dead stuff taken away or raked, plants trimmed. Wash the siding and windows. You want to heighten the curb appeal.
- Freshly paint the front door. Consider this is the welcome mat to your home.
- Declutter every room. “Get rid of the family pictures. Get out of your house!” You want them to imagine their belongings, pictures, art, books in “their” new home.” Get them to thinking it’s their house from the time they walk in the door.
- You’ve de-cluttered the house. Is it clean? Nothing will turn off the buyer more than filth. If they feel unclean walking through your house, you’ve failed to make a sale.
- Paint! Take down the pictures from the walls, spackle the nail holes, and paint. Stick to neutral colors.
- Decorate tables with flowers. If you have room for al fresco dining, set the table with napkins. Let them picture themselves dining outside, enjoying the conversation over candlelight.
- Make the rooms look bigger. Removing furniture makes the rooms look bigger.
- Have professional photos taken. It is amazing how much better a house looks on a website with professional photos
Bottom Line: The staged house spends less time on the market. A house that looks its best will sell quicker and often it sells for a higher price.
Now if you want to sell your house fast and don’t want to go through the home staging process, call Styl Properties, Inc. We will walk through your house, note any maintenance issues, like a leaky basement, condition of the furnace, wiring or roof system. Then we will estimate the cost of fixing any problems. We know what buyers want in a house, so we will note the cost of making those updates and offer you a price for your house. There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Styl Properties, Inc. is part of a nationwide group of thousands of investors who are helping tens of thousands of homeowners every year. We may not be the “traditional” route, but we CAN help and we can do it quickly.
Give us a call today at 402.909.0608 to let us know what YOU need help with!