Why Prepare Your House For Sale?
Are you in the process of selling your house? If the answer is yes, then, most likely, you know it involves significant work. When you list your home, it entails house viewings, appraisals, and client negotiations, aside from the fact that you also need to maintain the place’s cleanliness. However, according to Realty Biz News, many are still wondering, if you’re selling the property, why prepare your house for sale? Well, for one, a welcoming and beautiful home will be more marketable.
Why Prepare Your House For Sale?
Before preparing your home, you must first recognize the reasons why you need to implement these steps. Here are some of them:
- As the saying goes, “First impressions last.” This statement also works when selling your home. You need to prep your house to highlight the curb appeal of the place.
- Also, you need to prepare your house so that your home is picture-ready. When you hire a real estate company or agents to handle your home’s sale, it will require taking superior photos to make your property listing stand out.
Here Are 13 Tips to Prepare Your Home
- Price it Right. If the market is softening, then price it a little under the market. If the price is too low, there will be multiple bids higher than your asking price. Who wants to price the house too high and either it sits, or you have to come back around and reduce the price?
- Make their first visit to your home a lasting impression. The lawn should be mowed and edged, dead stuff removed or raked, plants trimmed. Wash the siding and windows. You are going for curb appeal.
- Upgrade And Modernize Your Home Before The Sale. CBS Home says, “Numerous studies have shown that buyers who prefer brand new homes are mostly interested in the new appliances and fixtures throughout the home. If your home is more than a decade or so old, you’ll want to invest some time and money in upgrading your appliances and fixtures before trying to list your home on the market.”
- Freshly paint the front door. This is the welcome mat to your home. And while you are at it, make sure the doorbell and porch light works.
- Make it smell good when they walk in. What do you notice about visiting a spa or resort? When you enter their lobby, you a greeted by a clean, tropical smell that makes you want to linger. Please have a friend walk into your home and give it the smell test. There should be no pet or garbage odors. Make your home as inviting as that vacation spa.
- Declutter every room. “Get rid of the family pictures,” says Staci Byers, home stager. “Get you out of your house!” You want buyers to imagine their belongings, pictures, art, books in “their” new home.” Get them to think it’s their house from the time they walk in the door.
- You’ve de-cluttered the house. Is it clean? Nothing will turn off the buyer more than filth. If they feel unclean walking through your house, you’ve failed to make a sale. Remember “Poltergeist” and the little lady who rid the house of ghosts? She dusted off her hands and said, “This house is clean!”
- Clean out the closets, the medicine cabinet, and the tops of dressers. The buyer doesn’t want to see any of that.
- Ensure the bathroom is clean and all of your grooming gear is gone. Nobody wants to see the stuff you use to maintain your body. TMI!
- Paint! Takedown the pictures from the walls, spackle the nail holes and paint. Stick to neutral colors. You may love that purple wall, but it doesn’t work when you are showing your house.
- Decorate tables with flowers. Set the table with napkins. Let them picture themselves dining, enjoying the conversation over candlelight.
- Stage your home for sale or hire a home stager. Your home will be clean, sleek, no distractive décor, and your chances will be great for a quick sale—staged homes sell faster and for a higher price. Since much of the initial shopping for a home is online, photos of a staged house draw more buyers to an open house.
- Stay Away – It might sound a bit harsh, but if you want your home to sell quickly, one of the best things you can do is not be around when an agent shows your home or during any open houses. Buyers tend to feel more at ease looking at a home when the owner isn’t around.
Wait! You say you want to sell fast, or you don’t want to go to all that trouble, then call Styl Properties, Inc. We will walk through your house, note any maintenance issues, and offer you a price for your home as it sits. There are no fees, no commissions, and no waiting. We can close in days
We are Styl Properties, Inc., here to help homeowners out of any distressed situation and potential homeowners find their dream home. As investors, flippers, or rehabbers, whatever you choose to call us, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal. However, we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else.
Give us a call today at 402.909.0608 to let us know how we can help YOU. PHOTO: https://www.opendoor.com/